A Research Project Officer position is available for the Horizon 2020 NEUcrest programme
at Institut Curie Research Center, Orsay site France.
The Institut Curie Research Center (https://institut-curie.org/profil/researchers) is a world-class multidisciplinary
organization created in 1909 by Nobel Laureate Marie Curie bringing together France’s largest centre in cancer
research and a model hospital group dedicated entirely to the care of cancer patients. The institute is ranked in
the top 1% by International Science Index. The scientists of Institute Curie laboratories have access to state-of-art
core facilities (https://institut-curie.org/page/platforms).
The main function of the post will be the management of an EU Initial Training Network programme. The post
holder will work with the Project Coordinator, Prof. Anne Hélène Monsoro-Burq, and the other network partners to
1) implement and take responsibility for the operational management of the network, 2) liaise with the EU project
officer and 3) contribute significantly to the NEUCrest scientific and training programmes, by assisting in the
supervision and mentoring of early stage researchers as required, and the dissemination of project results and
outcomes. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, have an excellent track record in a research field
relevant to Life Sciences or previous experience in European-funded project management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordination of early stage researchers involved in the grant who are located around Europe
• Organising training events for researchers and Principal Investigators involved in the programme
• Liaising and reporting to the EU Project Officer which includes preparation of periodic scientific and
• Monitoring and reporting of project milestones and deliverables in accordance with EU deadlines
• Promoting and disseminating results produced in the programme by writing newsletters, articles for
general public, managing NEUcrest website, and participating in outreach events
• Managing relationships with academic and industry partners
• Organising scientific/strategic outreach events to promote the programme
• A track record in a research and development environment
• Excellent communication and organisational skills, including event management experience
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
• Experience supervising/mentoring university research students
• Experience with outreach events
• Availability to travel nationally and internationally several times a year
• Experience in managing EU grants
• A PhD qualification in the field of Life Sciences (related to Cell Biology) (although a Masters qualification
may be considered).
To apply :
Please send a single pdf entitled “ITN_NEUcrest_your-name” with Cover letter, detailed CV and contacts for
three references to Prof. Monsoro-Burq, email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00 pm (CET?) on Friday, 4th October 2019.
JOB OFFER-ITN Project manager Open position in Institut Curie_02072019